9.28.2005

Satellite Radio

First off, I HATE L.A. Radio. Since the government relaxed the rules on radio station ownership, allowing huge corporations like Clear Channel to own more and more stations in a local market, the quality of these radio stations has gone down and down! Now they’re CRAP!

Last year I decided to buy Satellite Radio and give it a try. I evaluated both XM and Sirius (pronounced: serious) I decided to go with Sirius because I felt the content was much better and they have a Gay & Lesbian channel.

It has been over a year and I LOVE SIRIUS. So much so, that since my original purchase I have purchased one for each car (3 cars) and a boombox for outside. My Christmas wish list includes a portable Sirius Satellite radio with MP3 player (due out in October 2005)

There are 100’s of channels, but here are the 10 on my preset:
The Beat 36 – Dance hits
1st Wave 22 – Classics Alternatives from the 1980’s
Strobe 37 – Disco/Classic Dance
Area 33 – Trance & Progressive House
OUTQ 106 – Gay & Lesbian Radio
Super Shuffle 12 – Sirius Super Mix
The Pulse 9 – The 90’s and now
Big 80’s 8 – The ‘80’s
New Country 60 – Today’s Country hits
CNN 132 – CNN News